My cousin Joanna, who is an accredited hypnotherapist and energy healer in the UK, came over and helped me find my own restorative energy. She uses an alert-state hypnotherapy technique.
Following are highlights of the journey I took in the hypnotic state, with Joanna’s facilitation. Obviously, this stuff is my personal experience – I’m publishing it in case it’s helpful to others, and because it was the inspiration for the color/tone chart, below:
I am in a grey box within a grey, rectangular steel structure. It is like a prison. Walking out of this institutional edifice, into the yellow sunshine of universal consciousness, the grey, bland cell around me that had disconnected me from my energy, dissipates – and begins to grow into a green energy, transformed by Nature.
We bring that green energy back into the institutionalized structure of grey in order to “heal” it. As we do so, it transforms into a spiral, then a vortex, rotating anti-clockwise as viewed from below. This green vortex of energy become a vortex of pink, as the grey energy of the other “inmates”/co-workers is gratefully dissipated and they regain their humanity – the pure potential of their life energy. The old grey cells are dissipated back to the sunny yellow energy of universal consciousness.
The yellow, green and pink energies re-combine into a light-blue vortex, and this is the ultimate healing energy – the unlimited, universe-given energy which can heal everything, past, present, future.
Towards the end of the session – seeing the connection between the energies and colors in the “journey” and my work with sound and energy – I asked Joanna to pass me my guitar. With eyes still closed and still in the hypnotic/alert state, I played each of the 12 notes of the chromatic scale and called out the associated energies and colours – which Joanna wrote down. Together, we mapped all of the notes to the energy states and their colors, as experienced in the “journey”:
All the colour tones are pastel shades – as created from light, rather than the kinds of colors we can print.
The three tones which I consider “ugly” (B, C-sharp, F-sharp) all have the tri-tone (AKA Devil’s interval) relationship to one of the three tonics, or are a diminished 2nd. I think of those three notes like the plant that will kill you if eaten, but which can be used to create medicine. And the section on Cancer treatment with tri-tones is a good example of this.
Harmonic associations and colours
- Light-blue (B-flat) is the driver tone which generates all else. It is the universal Soul energy – that which endures from one life to the next.
- Its 5th harmonic is F – which represents the Body – in pink.
- And the 5th of F is C, which resonates in sunny yellow as universal Consciousness.
So, we have a “trinity” of Consciousness, Body and Soul. Being as this fundamental, trinity relationship was experienced as a series of related, essential healing energies in a narrative, rather than a logical attempt to insert theology into all this – I see the “elegance” of this as evidence of alignment with truth.
- The note, C (Consciousness) is also the 2nd harmonic of B-flat (Soul), as well as the 5th harmonic of F (Humanity – or biological life) – so Soul and Humanity converge at Universal Consciousness. And Yellow (universal consciousness) was the first healing energy that presented itself in the narrative.
- The 2nd harmonic of F (body) is G (Nature/green) – a harmonious relationship between the physical body and the Nature which it lives amongst. And indeed, in our narrative, the green/nature energy vortex became a pink energy vortex when other people in the “journey” were subjected to it – recovering their humanity.
- D (brown/wood/earth) is a 5th above G (Nature) – so has a harmonic relationship with the energy of Nature, of which it is a product.
- A (the human notion of godliness or nirvana) is the 3rd of F (humanity) – an appropriate harmonic, as the best a human being can aspire to.
- E-flat is the 7th of F. I had intuited that it was simply “hopeful” – which makes sense, as it aspires towards F (humanity).
- The grey box of E is the tri-tone of B-flat, the “Devil’s interval.” It is the prison-cell of institutionalized living. It is the “scientific” view-point – detached and objective and, as such, it is ultimately a prison cell. It reinforces the illusion that we are separate from each other and the universe that swirls through us. It is the deaf ears – the cotton-wool of the cosmic state, and yet, sometimes it is good to take a step back and attempt to look at things in an “objective” fashion – just not all the time.
- B (black/death), C-sharp (jealousy) and F-sharp (anger) – are not really part of the harmonic sequence, but they do provide a context for the rest of the colours. As Joanna reminded me, it’s best to think of this holistically – we may not like these tones, but they are there – as the background of dis-harmony that we can fall into – and must strive to get out of. To exclude these notes and concepts from music and poetry would be to “write songs only about Ming china” – in the words of Keith Richards. In other words, nasty shit is part of life – resolving out of it is the ongoing challenge of our lives. I also think it’s funny that if we put red, black and lurid yellow/green together, we have a pretty bang-up Halloween costume – so, again, these unplanned, hypno-trance associations of colour to harmonic resonance, seem to make elegant sense.
- I plan to set up a light-show that will project these colors whenever the corresponding musical note or harmonic is played. It should be a very healing kind of concert once we get it set up! Perhaps I’ll write some music that mirrors the healing journey we took, above.
- One could write all kinds of narratives and stories involving the energies described above (“he passed through a wood (D) and there, in a sun-lit (C) clearing amongst the trees (G), he found a beautiful young woman F and they lived happily ever after (B-flat))” = D, C, G, F, B-flat, etc). Actually, that’s a pretty nice chord progression! In this way, we could create a new kind of symphonic, story telling music, deeply resonant with the universal psyche. “Tone Poems” – for real.
- One could also examine the music of the greats – for example, Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony – to see, from the perspective of the energies related to the harmonies being played, what is really going on energetically – and mythologically – through the narrative of a piece of music.
September 9, 2016